+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stella De Oro Seeds

Question Stella De Oro Seeds

Have a lot of Stella De Oro daylilies .. last year harvested seeds and gave to friends ... looks like this year will have even more. Anyone interested ... be happy to save them for u.

Jim

Hey, Jim!

Thank you so very much!

Put my name on your list, but I would like to have some if any are left over after others have a chance first. I am going to have my hands full with all of this hand pollinating, I hope!

I know that Shepp sells them, so perhaps he would like to try his hand at some seeds grown in his cold frames.

I don't have any Stella D'Oro's, but I have heard they are good repeat bloomers, and I have seen pretty displays of them in the commercial landscapes!

How wonderful of you to offer!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Stella seems to be THE plant of choice

for most commercial landscaping areas around here in Ohio, Ann!
    They are ideal because the keep a nice, tidy compact habit, and yes they repeat their blooming all during the summer til frost around here. Because their leaves are a bit shorter, they seem to not look like they are drooping like some of the taller varieties with the heat of the summer. Should do great down there! Jim, if I had any more room, I sure would take some..lol. Hmmm.. will have to go in search of more room..lol.
    becki
    Becki B.
    Central Ohio
    Zone 5b-6

Yes!

I am seeing more and more of Stella De Oro's around (or maybe I am just noticing them more), as well as more and more subtropical hibiscus, sun loving coleus, ornamental annual grasses, etc., etc. in the commercial landscapes, and I love it!

There are also Crepe (crape) myrtles lining streets everywhere, and they are really starting to show their spray of blooms which will last for some time.

I have also seen old roses around banks and commercial buildings.

As usual, being subtropical here, there are always the gigantic palms and the sago palms along the streets in areas.

It's a really pretty time of the year, but Gee, is it HOT! 90 degrees, feels like 96 degrees. Steamy hot.... We had thunderstorms this morning. Normally, we get them in the afternoon, but these woke me up at daybreak, and there was one loud clap of thunder after the other.

I do believe that Good Ole Summer has arrived here!

Okay, I have cooled off a bit from the heat, so it is back outside for me!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Smile Stella De Oro Seeds

Would love to have some of the seeds working on a garden thats about 80 feet by 40 feet make walk ways through it as well.

Madmax

Hi Jim;

I would love to get some seeds from you! They would be a welcome addition to my gardens and stock I'm trying to build for my little backyard nursery business! Thank you so very much for offering these seeds! Please let me know how much I will owe you for these, plus postage!
    Linda
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

+ Reply to Thread