+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Portraits From My Garden

Blog Entries

Portraits From My Garden

This is 'Blaze', a rose I moved from my Grandmother's old home when I first moved in here approximately 8 years ago. It isn't much of a climber these days but it always produces several waves of color for me.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 05-31-2003 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries

One of several Dutch Iris blooming this spring. I thought this one was quite unusual!
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Close-up of same bloom showing petal detail.
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

This one is a close-up of one of my favorite miniature roses'Minnie Pearl'. A truly beautiful little rose!

Hope you have enjoyed my little 'Flower Show'.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 05-27-2003 at 11:54 PM.

Blog Entries

MORE GARDEN PORTRAITS!

'Johnson's Blue' Hardy or 'true' Geranium, also known as 'Cranesbill:
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 06-13-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Miniature Rose 'Sunny Day', at least I think that's it's name!
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

This is a red Peony rescued two years ago. Don't know what it's name is.
    Attached Images  

Thumbs up I yield to greatness!!

ok .. I admit it .. u are a good/great photographer .... u also have nice plants to work with ..... know u enjoy them.

Look forward to seeing more of ur photos.

Jim

Blog Entries

Jim,

Thank you for the accolades, but it's really the camera! I just point and shoot! Good photography is part setting up the shot, part lighting and a big part is in the editing, or what used to be the dark room!

Any plant can look special if photographed the right way, getting as close as you can and still have the subject in focus is one trick. And if you just can't get close enough, then set your quality to super-fine, and crop out all the unwanted areas and enlarge what is left to show the details. This photo shows the details of the beard and inner parts of Iris 'Violet Rings'. I can't get that close and still be in focus. The next photo is the shot I cut this part out of and enlarged.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 05-28-2003 at 11:20 PM.

Blog Entries

This is what the previous image came from and even this image has been cropped and resized. I do all of my preliminary editing before I save any to my hard drive.
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Just to show you how a really ordinary bloom can look extraordinary, this is an extreme close-up of a Coreopsis!

I enjoy looking at flowers in ways other people don't even think about! When I was using a SLR I could do some really strange shots of common objects and flowers. Digital cameras do have their limitations!

Glad you enjoy my 'art'. Now if I could just find the right on-line hosting service I could post to more of the forums and groups I belong to!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

One more for tonight! This is a 'portrait' of my favorite Columbine, a very delicate pink with white. And, yes, those are water droplets on it; it had rained just a few minutes before I took this photo.

Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 05-28-2003 at 11:52 PM.

SLRs Cameras

Ah ha .... now u have touched a nerve! I am a 35mm Micro nut .. or was ... haven't used it as much since the digitals have come out. I also had a twin lens Rolliflex with close up attachmetns .. that is a 2 1/4" square piece of film and slides that big ... look really good. Even had access to an 8" X 10" camera and used the slides as lighted wall pictures .. amazing to look at.

I am having a lot of trouble being able to "see" what I am shooting with the digital. I have a big rubber eye piece on the 35mm. that blocks all of the light and gives u a clear view of what u are shooting. The digital allows a lot of light to slip into the viewing area.

Work keeps messing with the photography as well ... like the shots in early morning or after rain ........ and not able to catch the right light as easily as I once did do to work.

Will try the "fine" feature as soon as I figure out how to change it

Jim

Blog Entries

Finally got around to up-loading some of my photos to an on-line photo album host! Here's the link:My New Photo Album You will need my password to view it! For Garden Plants, that would be: pippin. Hope you visit and enjoy!

Rebecca

Blog Entries

Smile LOOKIE WHAT BLOOMED TODAY!

All the rain and cooler temps we've had the past several days has finally come to some good! My 'Wild Iris' are in bloom! They really like the 'wet' season! I also can not get over how much better their color is this season! Very rich and velvety!

This first photo shows the bloom looking straight down on it:
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast