+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mystery Daylily

Mystery Daylily

Hi Everyone!
    I was given a large clump of daylilies several weeks ago by my daughter's mother-in-law. She didn't know the culitvar nor remember where she had gotten it, just that it was "pretty"..lol.
    Anyway, I divided up the clump while I had it out of the ground and replanted and most all are now blooming. I am not usually a big fan of any orange daylilies , but these are awesome. and I am hoping someone might be able to identify it for me. The scapes stand about 25" tall and the bloom is a good 7" across. The colors did not come out very true though with my digital camera. It really is a bit more of a dark salmon blush color on the ends of the petals and not so overall orange as it appears in this pic.
    Becki
    Attached Images  
    Becki B.
    Central Ohio
    Zone 5b-6

Blog Entries

Becki,

What you have is what is called a Spider-Varient (Ithink), not your ordinary dayliliy. It does look a bit familur but I couldn't even begin to tll you who it is! I have looked at so many photos of spider form DL's lately they are all beginning to run together in my mind!

I do have a link that you might find helpful in trying to ID that plant: http://spiderydaylily.homestead.com/index.html

If you'll send me the phot as an attachment I'll post it on the Daylily-Spider Group I belong to and someone there might know who it is. I might even be able to correct the color a bit and get it closer to what it really looks like.

And, BTW, I like it, I like it!!

Rebecca

+ Reply to Thread