+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pardanthopsis...

Blog Entries
    Ann,

The seed pods look really good and most definitely of the Iridacea Group!

I have a few pods on the wild blues again this year, at least I think I do, haven't checked them for quite some time. None of the TB or DB Iris set pods this year, which is a good thing, I suppose. . . I have one ting seedling that managed to sprout, but for the life of me, I don't know which Iris it came from, the TB or the Species! Next year I may try my hand at crossing a couple of the Siberians. Don't know why though as I have seed in the fridge that were sent to me this spring and they are still waiting for me to do something with them!

Tore down the last of my aquariums tonight after work, cleaned the crud off the glass with some hydrochloric acid and rinsed it out. All I took out/off, besides the equipment was the rocks. I didn't really clean it all that well and left the under gravel filter plate and gravel in place. I then drug in a big bag of potting mix and dumped half of it in the tank. Gonna make a gorgeous terrarium!

Going to be really busy cleaning house on my days off for the next couple of weeks. I have a HUD inspection on the 10th. and I will be ready for it. Any way, if you don't see me you'll know what's up!

Rebecca

Oh, Rebecca! Rebecca! Rebecca!

Looking at the dates of these threads, these appear to bloom like clockwork. There are now three large fans in the original pot. They definitely do multiply.

Two out of three have scapes with lots and lots of branches meaning lots and lots of flowers. There are about 8 pods on them now. I am sure there would have been more, but these babies open in the late afernoon. That's when we have been having showers.

I have marked one of the blooming fans so that I can ship it to you next spring, but I don't know whether to ship it during dormancy or after it has broken dormancy. What do you think? Remember our springs are very different. Mine starts earlier than yours.

Also, if all goes well, there will be more seed to send to you.

I haven't forgotten. It's just that teaching has consumed me. Hopefully, that will be better this year.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

P.S.

I will try to get better pictures of the pods. I now know how to control my camera settings better than I did.

Candy lily seeds have already formed and begun to split open. These will take a while longer.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Since our season's don't match up, sending it when it has broken dormancy would be better. Cooler temps will slow it down a bit, but shouldn't really bother it.

I know when I move daylilies in early spring, right after they have broken dormancy, they do very well, the same with Iris I have divided in very early spring.

Rebecca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3