+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do i have to tell customers to

Do i have to tell customers to

Water their plants/shrubs when they plant them?
    and they come back to me raising the devil because it /they died.
    Is Jane/John Q. Public this dumb.
    they buy a perfectly flourishing shrub and bark at me because they killed it.
    what am i missing here.
    i would be embarassed to tell someone i didnt water the plant.
    wouldnt you?
    just call me "flabergasted at the farmers market".
    shepp forever in zone5/6 the dummies that think all of this state is now zone 6 are goofy and didnt spend the winter here to see zone 4 shrubs that are now dead from last winter!!!
    no replies necessary .

Yes, in many cases you do need to tell folks what to do, and when to do it. Even if it is just self defense.

Last winter I went to a fruit tree nursery and with each type plant I got a reprint of a circular from the County Agents office, along with a general planting, fertilizing, and watering instructions. At first I started to hand their stuff back with some comment about knowing what I was doing. I kept all handouts, and read them before, then after planting.

That is the only time I've ever gotten separate planting and care instructions with a plant purchase. But you know what, I learned some things, particularly with this one plant I have never grown before.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Do i have to tell customers to

Guys, yes you should. I try to do my best to educate my customers. Ive had a few customers ask me if they have to water it.
    I have a lot that ask me how often they should water their plant(s). No matter what you say, the customer has to use their own judgement. It may rain heavy 2 weeks in a row.

You have to remember that a lot of people are new home owners that probably (never) planted a shrub in their life.

I dont want to say it this way, but you have to see the customer to be totally stupid. When your in this bussiness you have to expect it.

You just wont believe how mant people dont know how to remove the pot from the plant. They just dont know about tilting the plant. A lot just cut the pot. what about the ones that bury pot (plastic) and all. RARE but their out there.

Save your butt and tell the customer all that is necessary to a certain point. This way you know that you done your job.
    George.

+ Reply to Thread