+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seeds....

Aloe vera seeds

Ann:

The Aloe vera plant that I sent you the photo of the bloom several weeks ago is now setting some seed pods. Do you have any idea how to handle them?

Thank you.

P.S. I presume ilt will be some time before they are ready to be harvested as they are still very green.
    Dr. Jim Rhodes
    Zone 8
    SE Texas

Blog Entries

Jim,

It can take severl months for the seed pods of Aloes to ripen and I imagine they will be small seeds! I would sow them in any premium potting mix and mist them to settle them into the soil, cover the planting container with plastic wrap to maintain warmth and high humidity. Place it where it will get bright, indirect light, but no sun or they'll cook.

I don't know how long it will take them to germinate though; could be a few days or several weeks. Once they have sprouted, lift one corner of the covering to allow for air circulation and whenever it becomes necessary to water, use a mister until the seedlings are well up and the cover can be completely removed.

Good luck!

Rebecca

Hi, All!

Here is a picture the Clematis Multi-Blue. It is the one that had the fuzzy seeds.

Here are some seeds that I collected from Clematis 'Dr. Rupple' this morning.

The seed coats on these are relavitely hard as I suspected they would be....

Maybe, I will produce some really pretty hybrids!

Wish me LUCK!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2