+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Somebody's Missing

Somebody's Missing

I have been on the sidelines reading for awhile and I noticed that a member is missing. Can anyone tell me what happened to Shari?

Carol

Rebecca,

She visited some time ago and wrote to tell me that she is mighty busy with some personal issues.

Hopefully, she will be back soon!

I miss her, too!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Awww...... I'm touched that someone missed me. I've been lurking around from time to time....not too far away!

I've had some serious time-demanding situations arise and had to do some heavy prioritizing and stretching to find some extra time.

Thanks for thinking of me! You made my day!
    Shari

What a Thrill!

Thanks, Shari!

This has been a special day.... Not only did we hear from you but, but Marguerite sent me an email. She is not well, but she sends a message to her friends on Landpsro:

"tell my buds that I am pretty much at peace with everything. This is what happens if we live so long, and like myself live life on the fast track, I had a lot of career adventures that were priceless and few regrets so there you have it.

Best wishes for the continued success of your website and your current college studies. "

Speaking of college studies, my finals are next week, and some of the professors are giving last minute major exams this week, so I am spending every minute of time that I can studying.

Every once in awhile, I take a break to move the sprinklers around outside. You know that you are in a drought situation when the weeds start wilting and there are no blackberries, LAS.....

Except the ones that invaded my landscape. They are benefiting from the sprinkler, too!

Take care Shari, and please do let us hear from you when you can find the time.

Enjoy!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Marguerite

I wondered how she has been. I think of her from time to time and all the pepper plants she was growing. I've got my first ornamental pepper this year and really like it.

I also wonder about our other friends that stay awhile and then we don't hear from them. Hope they are doing good.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Tears came into my eyes as I read this post. Marguerite and I wrote often, and I knew that her health was failing rapidly. I enjoyed our conversations, and she was indeed one true CHAMP. She didn't want anyone to feel sad for her, and indeed, I never received any kind of emails from family or otherwise, telling me that she was gone. When the emails stopped, I respected that, and felt that she had found peace at last.

That is one great thing about the internet that I learned from my Dad. When you are physically unable to continue what you did when you were younger, how wonderful it is to be able to share your learning experiences and ideas with others. My Dad's last couple of years were during the beginning of Landspro. He was my inspiration and support, and what a wonderful person he was.

Marguerite reminded me of my Dad, energetic in mind, but struggling physically to just live one more day.

God Bless HER!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

marguerite was a fun gal on landspro.
    shepp

I also really enjoyed Marguerite's contributions.

We got into a few offline discussions about big business, which she had her own firsthand experiences with. What a full life she had....leading to some very strong opinions about the antics of certain multinational companies!

I'm thankful she found time to share just a fraction of that with us!

Blog Entries

Please take a moment to let us know you are OK

How did I find this thread ? I saw the birthday list and randomly clicked on a name. Then I clicked on profile and last post. That led me to this thread.
    I know alot of people 'lurk'(a funny sounding word but apparently internet lingo).
    Anyway, if you are a member and haven't posted in awhile, please just drop a quick line to simply say,'I'm here.' Landspro is a community and when one of us goes off the radar screen, well, we wonder and even worry.
    Please take a moment to type a quick "Hello. I'm here !"
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread