+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy Holidays

Nascar

Hey, Sue!

You'd better not say NASCAR too loud around here...

The male members of my household are not into plants. They are into cars! Hunter came by that one naturally.

Here is a price he won from Hotwheels this past year. It is the 2001 Hotwheels Collection. He drew a picture of a car and entered into a contest at Walmart, and to our amazement, he WON!

I let the principle at his school present it to him in front of his whole class. He was mighty proud, and so was I!

This was in the second grade:

and a close up of his prize:

Boy, was it hard keeping that as a secret until the package arrived!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

and

his favorite games on the computer, since he was 2 is...

You've got it! Nascar and Indycar, followed next by Monster Truck Madness, and many others....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

My kind of man!

Tell Hunter I am not too old to play with Hot Wheels! I was tickled when my granddaughter Brittany was born, she is now grown and a mom herself, but this grandma had to buy her the Crystal Barbie when she was only 10 months old, some Christmases she got a whole family of Barbies but when she was about two years old, her favorite thing to play with was my youngest son Erik's collection of Hot Wheels. Me, I've always wanted a Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle but my pop just would never trust me with one, and then this kid in the 5th grade went and got his eye shot out and messed up everybody's Christmas list to Santa! I always wanted boy toys, like those Big Tonka Trucks! I finally got a scooter, but couldn't get Santa to leave me that chemistry set either, you know my pop would never let me drive his car either. Probably because sis and I went joy riding in the old humpback Ford when Ma forgot to lock the ignition when we were 10 and 12! I only skinned his silver maples a little and knocked over his prize Spanish daggers when I saw him on the porch drinking coffee and patting his foot, guy never trusted me again, you would think he would grant me a parole or something after 10 or 12 years, right? And we won't talk about the trip to the woodshed!
    Well, I'll hush, enough nostalgia from the peanut section!
    Marguerite, GrannyGarden
    www.kirbyville.net
    www.tex-la.net

Tennessee Sue,
    Morton's phone # is 1-800-473-7753,webb site is www.mortonproducts.com . When you call to reguest a catalog ask for Roger tell him the old man from Joelton that runs "Fancy Plants"told you about them,maybe he won't hang-up.
    Bristol is beatuful country,I love the mountains.If I hit the Lotto I'd move to the north Georgia mountains around Helen,Ga.
    Thanks
    William B.

I fixed the links for you....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    Tullahoma is a pretty little town.I go thru there about three times a week on my real job.I'm a Logistic Engineer(truck driver)now the secret is out.I deliver to hospitals all over Tenn. and Kentucky.
    Tullahoma is where the idea for the name of my little nursery came from.I was driving thru one day and looked up and saw this clothing shop named Fancy Pants.A little light went off and said 'Fancy Plants"and the rest is history.I know sooner or later at one of my sales someone is going to ask me"whats so fancy about your plants".I guess I'II say I just love them.
    Ann, what the heck is a C.B. party?I don't guess I've ever been to one.
    Thanks
    William B.

William,

I was there for weeks working on a networking project for the Wind Tunnel Testing Facility at the Air Force Base. I flew into Nashville, then drove west about 40 miles, if I remember correctly....

From what I gathered, a CB party is where all the people with CB's in their cars would get together at a local shopping center. I had a small refrigerator in my hotel room, and when I went to the grocery store, there they were!

So, I asked, and that is what they told me, a CB Party!

Keep in mind that this was approximately in the mid-1980's or so...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

cb party!

Ann, William & All,
    The DH and I were into CB's and we just got tired of all the 'skip' or bleeding over noise on the cb bands. Been to a few cb parties and met alot of nice people. You get to pick your 'handle' (like a screen name for message boards).

Then we got interested in amateur radio or it's also called ham radio. The 'noise' you get with cb is not a problem on the amateur radio bands, but you do need an FCC license. So that means passing the tests. The tests are good for 10 yrs. initially.
    It's alot more fun talking to people you can actually hear. The DH has talked to 27 different countries! The FCC issues you a 'call sign' which consists of letters and numbers, depending on where you are and your level of licensing.

Well just a little info on cb parties & ham radio!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Ann, bring them fellows up for a visit to the races. Let me tell you it really fills up a little town like ours and they add more seats at the track every year.
    William, I'll check Mortons out. Thanks.
    When I was about 6 or 7 we had a CB club here that my Dad belonged to. It eventually started our county rescue squad,so it was a great thing.
    Lat's all pray for our country and the world and give thanks for all we have as the new year starts.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2