+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Botanical Gardens

Botanical Gardens

Hi, Everyone!

This week, I will be helping out at the annual Botanical Gardens plant sale. The weather is beautiful and cool, so we couldn't ask for more. I understand that there will be about 15,000 plants for sale.

Tomorrow, our MG training is on plant propagation and plant selection. It should be quite an interesting day, as the propagation section will be at the Ornamental Research Station.

There were many tornadoes that touched down a little east of us, and indeed, I have branches down all over the yard due to heavy winds. Please say a prayer for those who lost their homes.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the board active. What great friends we are making...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Gee, Tired!

Yep, I am tired, and you bet, I will probably be sore tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping the board active today!

The great news is that I spotted numerous unusual and beautiful plants, and I asked permission to video them so that you can see some of the plants that they will have to offer. And they have graciously given me permission to include them here.

The sale area is not as large as you might think. Everything is well organized. We labeled plants as they were offloaded from the trucks, and then moved them to marked areas. It is amazing how many plants you can get in a small area of lawn, and even more amazing how many plants will fit on one truck.

They also have a nice area that they have shaded that I hope to video for you. It is where they do their propagating and has overhead sprinklers/misters.

The label making process is also quite interesting, and I will be sharing that with you also, as soon as I can get the videos and get them loaded on the computer.

All in all, quite a learning experience.

Having FUN, the TIRED KIND!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thumbs up what a blast!

Sounds like fun, fun fun!

Can't wait to see all of your pictures!
    Thank You for sharing with us!
    Kathy in Ga.

+ Reply to Thread