+ Reply to Thread

Thread: file attachment?

file attachment?

I tried to attach a picture on a reply using the file attachment at the bottom of the page. It didn't work. What did I do wrong?

This is a test...

I used the Browse button to find the picture on my hard drive.
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I just tried to post picture , when I previewed it said no file selected .
    I just added .jpeg to end of file . If you don't see a picture , please tell me what I am doing wrong .

Browse, select the picture, then after it is selected (name in browse box), click on the 'submit reply' box.

Don't click on preview reply or it will reset to no picture.

Submit the reply and after it is submitted, you can edit and change the picture if you want to...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

You cannot just "add jpeg" to the end of a file name. The file must already be a .jpg or one of the other picture formats listed under the little window.

The "browse..." button will take you to a program that looks like the Windows Explorer, and from there you can navigate to your floppy or HD folder that contains the picture you want to send. You can either double click on the file name or single click and then click on Open and the file name will appear next the Browse button.

But DO NOT Preview Reply - the attached file will be cleared. Unfortunately, the Browse program does not show you a preview, or thumbnail of the picture you are attaching. You just have to review the files, and pick the one you want to submit beforehand, and remember the file name.

Last edited by Tom; 08-25-2006 at 09:05 PM.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Tom,

When I get the Windows Explorer box, there is a 'view menu' box on the upper right. When I click on it, I get a pull down menu, and I can select thumbnails. Then I can see the pictures, and I select the ones that I want.

Yours doesn't have the 'view menu' icon?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

No I am on a Mac running Safari . I can tell it the picture it puts it in the choose file box but when I click submit it goes away and doesn't post . I'll try another that I have not changed name on . I change the names from a number 001234jpg to back yard 7-7-06 so I don't have to open each one to find what I want . this one is 752 kb
    Attached Images  

My picture just posted so I guess when I change name , something is happening . Thanks . The pic is of Charles Grimaldi at night . I'll try this one front-yard on 1-15-06 . 860 kb
    Attached Images  

Nice pictures!

Beautful Brugsmansia! Is it hardy to your zone?

Gorgeous gardens...

I resized the pictures. I'm not sure how to tell you to do that, but I used Print Shop Photo Pro. It is easier for me to do when your file is a .JPG and yours was.

Keep posting the pics, and if you can't figure out how to resize them, I'll do it for you.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

P.S. Windows doesn't like file names with a '/' in them because windows reserves that symbol. Could that have been your problem?

Ie., when I try to save a file that has the date 08/26/06, windows complains. I think....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I use " - " instead of " / " . I must be doing something else to pictures wqhen I rename them .
    Yes the brugs come back . My Charles Gri is 9 years old , the frosted pink is 8 . 2 CUTTINGS FROM Charles are 4 &5 years old . A double white died after 2 years - was next to Charles

Originally posted by Tom

Unfortunately, the Browse program does not show you a preview, or thumbnail of the picture you are attaching. You just have to review the files, and pick the one you want to submit beforehand, and remember the file name.

Remember the above from my earlier post on this subject? Well, I was wrong, there is a way to preview all the pictures within a folder, or on a floppy drive. I had the view icon all the time, it just didn't say view, so I didn't discover it until Ann pointed it out.
    Thanks Teacher!
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

You're welcome, Tom!

We learn something new every day, so life is never boring...

Tis fun, isn't it?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

When I want to attach a file / picture , I click on attach , it sends me to desktop , I start opening folders till I fine what I want - - if it is a picture - I click on it .
    It then opens picture and has a box that you click to attach .
    My problem was - I change the names of pictures from camera name - IE - IMO000345 to white rose 6-9-06 . I was leaving off the - " .jpc " and it would not post . At least I THINK that's what happened .

+ Reply to Thread