+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This Touched My HEART!!!

This Touched My HEART!!!

Hi, Everyone!!!

A dear friend sent me this link, and it truly touched my heart. I thought I would share it with you...

Utah Remembers the victims of September 11, 2001

I don't think I could say it any better....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

You may like to know, Ann, that most people in this country held a minute's silence on September the 11th.The UK is used to terrorism and innocent civilians being bombed and killed and maimed: we've had the IRA for goodness knows how many years.What happened in New York was a terrible, beastly thing -and I think it made the USA realise how vulnerable it is. You have to remember that here many of the public know, and cannot forgive, the USA money that supports the IRA. Some of that money is innocently given, and diverted to IRA coffers. I have no feelings either way - people are free to fund whatever regime they feel is the correct one.
    Many years ago, when the uS and the USSR were rattling their nuclear warheads at each other, and the rest of the world watched in horror- and we did- my mother pooh-poohed the idea that the next World War would be started by the superpowers. You watch, she said. Islam fundamentalists will start it. I wonder if she was right. A sobering thought.
    I'm not a political animal: I never have been. No country should be forced to suffer what the US suffered, and no country should be forced to suffer what the UK suffers at the hands of a few madmen.
    Europe is old, and sick of war. It is tired of counting its dead - which number tens of millions. Polls taken amongst the UK public show that 80% are against getting involved with the Bush administration and its apparently headlong rush into war with Iraq. Many people feel that Bush thinks he must have a war to be even with his father, who had the Gulf war. Mrs Thatcher had her Falklands war. They all want one, don't they, to go out of office in a blaze of glory. I reckon it's more like a river of blood.
    Please bear in mind that the Uk sympathises - empathises- with the US on this atrocious act against its citizens. We just don't want another war.

Thank You, Anne!

Irregardless of the politics, and I do realize what a huge role it has played in this tragedy, and I admit to not being knowledgeable enough in that arena to make a qualified judgement, for you see, I am not a political person by nature.... Well, as a result, it is all far too complicated for me...

Being the overly sensitive person that I am, and having experienced numerous deaths of loved ones in recent years, some by accident, some not, I feel for the children, spouses, parents and grandparents for all the innocent lives that were lost while they were living their ordinary lives, doing what they felt to be they needed to be doing to continue in their on little world, enjoying their right to freedom and all that the rest of us continue to enjoy...

One thing that I do remember is the comfort that I felt in the days shortly after September 11, 2001 when Europe and much of the rest of the world so graciously expressed their sympathies for the idividuals who so innocently lost their lives, and the pain and suffering that was left behind for their families to endure.

Life is hard at times, and there are certainly struggles to endure, but death of someone you dearly love and depended upon is one of the hardest things in life, especially in this case where there was nothing to gain.

The monetary loss of those towers is nothing compared to those who are having to endure the pain they are enduring now. It is so very sad, for there has truly been nothing gained, only losses by this tragic event.

Thanks, Anne! Please know how much your thoughts and sympathy and trying to understand and make sense of all this means to us as we remember this terrible tragedy.

Sincerely,
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It touched my heart also Ann(e)s. Just seeing all those flags and even the way they were pieced together made it even more poignant. Seems like it happened only yesterday.

Thank You

Thank you Ann for posting this. I think we sometimes tend to forget too soon.

We need to be reminded to be thankful for what we have and pray for those who have been less fortunate. You have helped us to be be greatful for what we do have instead of dwelling on what we do not.

Thank you for reminding us and thank you Anne for caring from so very far away. It is a wonderful world we live in and you help to remind us of that.

Paul

The photos Annposted would touch the hardest heart. They were so poignant. I cannot imagine what the people who have lost loved ones are going through. Like Ann, I'm not a political animal - it's all too complicated for me - but I have a healthy disrespect for all politicians: I cannot believe anything they say. They have let their people down too often, in this country.It's odd, that, coming from someone who works for the Crown. But then, I work for the Queen ( not directly!) and whichever of her appointed governments happens to be misgoverning this land at any given moment.
    The UK has a large immigrant population, and a large proportion of them are Muslim. To my shame I found myself looking at colleagues and people in the street, wondering about them.I wondered, are you a terrorist? Then I realised that the events of last year could, if I let them, make me paranoid. I work in a Government office - a target. My husband, bless him, works in a multi-agency building, shared with the National Crime Squad, our own National Intelligence Service, my husband's secret squirrel mob, and one or two other police and government bodies. His building is an even bigger target. I couldn't let myself go down that road - I would never have stepped out of the house again.I can't remember where I was when Kennedy was killed ( I was only ten) but I will always remember where I was last September 11th. I hope that as time goes by things will get better:the American communal psyche was appallingly damaged that day.If the Americans I have met are anything to go by, you are an amazingly resilient people. It has not been damaging to us, really, except those families who lost loved ones in the attack, except in that a country that seemed invulnerable was suddenly and horrifically proved otherwise.
    Maybe we'll all be wiser after this.

That is one beautiful flag,I never get tired of looking at it......
    William B.

God Bless America

God Bless America.and beyond.
    And to those that defend it in time of war and PEACE. and to those that serve and protect in each of our cities and towns.
    May your God protect and guide you all.
    Sincerely Shepp

In Memory...

The pictures are no longer on this site, but the memories are still quite vivid.

It's hard to believe that so much time has past because it seems like only yesterday.

My thoughts and heart go out to the families of these victims whose hearts still ache today.

In their memory, I am so very proud to be an American!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I think I found the pictures:
    (Utah Remembers the Victims of 9/11)

http://getthenews.net/911/
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 09-11-2004 at 09:06 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread