+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greenhouse Costs of Production Budgets by Rutgers

Greenhouse Costs of Production Budgets by Rutgers

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

This is great for I have a small greenhouse business in my first complete year.I do fuchsias and geraniums in baskets.This year I will try to sell just starts on account of the timing and bench space costs money to have them growing in baskets
    Attached Images  

Hi plug_grower;

Wonderful picture of your hanging baskets inside your greenhouse! I also saw the picture of your greenhouse! Are those lupines growing outside? I'm a newbie to this nursery business and am just starting out getting stem cuttings rooting, doing plant divisions and collecting seeds. I live in Southern Oregon, in Grants Pass.

I would like to know if you would sell your starts to us growers? If so, what are you growing and how much are they?
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

Originally posted by Peoplepleaser
    Hi plug_grower;

Wonderful picture of your hanging baskets inside your greenhouse! I also saw the picture of your greenhouse! Are those lupines growing outside? I'm a newbie to this nursery business and am just starting out getting stem cuttings rooting, doing plant divisions and collecting seeds. I live in Southern Oregon, in Grants Pass.

I would like to know if you would sell your starts to us growers? If so, what are you growing and how much are they?
    Yes they are Lupines I have tons of them from pink to purple. I live in NW WashingtonHave tons of flower pictures to share but dont no where to p[ost them

Just help yourself, Plug_grower!

Create a new post and keep replying with new pictures. Everyone enjoys them, and we all learn a lot!

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Originally posted by plug_grower

Yes they are Lupines I have tons of them from pink to purple. I live in NW WashingtonHave tons of flower pictures to share but dont no where to p[ost them
    Have neverthought about selling starts and shipping out of state.I am propagating about 200 fuchsias right now for baskets I sell.I use 8 inch buckets and use two starts per. As far as geraniums this is all new to me this year I have 4 Martha Washingtons I have for parent plant and use for cuttings also friend gave me her huge MW and I have taken 35 cuttings off of it so far and about 20 more to go. Keeping fingers crossed for a good start with this.

coler in yard

This is one of my favorite Marthas I am using for cuttings this comong year
    Attached Images  

Check it OUT!

That is absolutely gorgeous!

I am curious, though.... I see a neat planter in the background. It looks as though it is made of wood with holes for the small pots to be inserted.

Did you make that?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Re: Check it OUT!

Originally posted by Ann B.
    That is absolutely gorgeous!

I am curious, though.... I see a neat planter in the background. It looks as though it is made of wood with holes for the small pots to be inserted.

Did you make that?
    Yes I did and I will send some pictures of a couple more I did.This was my grandaughters crib at one time. Now I ve spilt the beans about being Grandpa hahaha
    Attached Images  

Neat!

Tell us More! Show us More!

How do you go about doing that?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

plug_grower;

What a beautiful Martha Washington geranium you have grown! What soil mixture and fertilizer - including how often, are you using? The color of your Martha brings me to the point of asking another question. In our area this past spring, some garden centers offered a Martha Washington geranium that was an all white flower. What could be the reason for the two colors being both called Martha Washington?

Love your ideas for plant pot holders made from your granddaughter's crib and I think there's a table one in the background? You are very creative! Some wonderful yard art! I'm going to go to the message boards and see what other pictures you have posted for us! Love to see them!

While I'm here, did you see the used greenhouse I bought for an unbelievable price? Ann posted my pictures under Linda's Greenhouse on the first page. I certainly don't mean to brag, but I'm rather proud of my husband's find, and want to share my excitement. Since the post, we have picked up all the parts and panels, plus the sliding glass doors, screens and angeled windows this past Saturday. I've seriously wanted a greenhouse for the past 7 years and finally got more than what I dreamed of!
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

plug_grower;

What a beautiful Martha Washington geranium you have grown! What soil mixture and fertilizer - including how often, are you using? The color of your Martha brings me to the point of asking another question. In our area this past spring, some garden centers offered a Martha Washington geranium that was an all white flower. What could be the reason for the two colors being both called Martha Washington?

Love your ideas for plant pot holders made from your granddaughter's crib and I think there's a table one in the background? You are very creative! Some wonderful yard art! I'm going to go to the message boards and see what other pictures you have posted for us! Love to see them!

While I'm here, did you see the used greenhouse I bought for an unbelievable price? Ann posted my pictures under Linda's Greenhouse on the first page. I certainly don't mean to brag, but I'm rather proud of my husband's find, and want to share my excitement. Since the post, we have picked up all the parts and panels, plus the sliding glass doors, screens and angeled windows this past Saturday. I've seriously wanted a greenhouse for the past 7 years and finally got more than what I dreamed of!
    I just sent a bunch of pictures to Ann so she will put them on her web page that way I can send a bunch at a time.I will go look at your greenhouse now

Here They Are!

I will make a web page of them tomorrow, but for now, here they are:

Thanks, plug_grower!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

plug_grower;

What a gorgeous greenhouse I would go APE with somthing like that

Me, TOO!

And I have a perfect spot for it...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast