+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pot-In-Pot Production

Pot-In-Pot Production

Hi!

I have heard the term pot-in-pot before, and I have somewhat of an idea of what it means. I recently came across this article and thought it was interesting reading. I wanted to share it with you to see what your opinions are...

Pot-In-Pot Production of Nursery Crops and Christmas Trees

Have any of you tried this or thought about trying it?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It seems as though I am the first to respond to this new forum, I spent the last two days checking out the link for pot in pot production and in the process I found several more sites on the web. Considering the type of small nursery business I would ultimatley like to own, the idea of turning my inventory two or three times faster is most appealing. I do want to research the process more. the thought of using high amounts of copper make one balk. especially since my "Mikerofarm" is located in the middle of the town. I think with careful research and proper planning this method of growing nursery plants has promise for my application. according to some of the articles I have read the west coast produces 45% of its nursery plants utilizing the pot in pot method. High initial cost but long term payback. The industry is on to something and it seems to be catching on.
    Mike

Thanks, Mike!

It has been pointed out to me that everyone is mighty busy these days, and I must agree. Unfortunately, that includes me. I suspect that this subforum will get busier as winter nears and more people are learning and making plans. In the meantime, I hope to include some more subjects and links.

The idea of the pot in pot method is of interest to me for many reasons, but I simply do not know enough to be able to determine if it is something I should pursue. I have no first hand experience in it.

Please feel free to post links of anything that you might feel of interest to others...

Thanks! As always, you are a valuable contributer to Landspro...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread